Sunday, December 4, 2016

DIY Wood Snowman Family

It's Christmastime!  I love to get in the spirit with a new project! 

Here is my DIY Wood Snowman Family



I had my husband cut a 2x4 to the appropriate sizes for a daddy, mommy, and three little girl snowmen.  (If you don't have a handy hubby with a wood saw, be sure to ask your local home improvement store if they will cut it for you! Most do!)

The wooden slab as the base is actually from Hobby Lobby!  
I used a 40% off coupon on it and got it for $8. 

Next, everything gets two coats of white paint.  

I played around with faces on paper before I painted them on.
Hint: Pinterest has some cute ideas!
I let my older two girls pick out the faces they wanted.
Notice the female snowmen have eyelashes.  :)

And I added pink cheeks to the girls.



I used hot glue to add details.


(Ignore the construction in my KITCHEN.  We are remodeling. Woohoo.)


I used a black sharpie to write our family name.  The snowmen are attached with standard wood glue.  (Tip: after glue is dry, go back with white paint and "seal" the base of the snowmen to cover that yellowish glue color.)




The possibilities are endless with this one since all our families are different!  There are so many different details that can be added to make this your own.  <3

Merry Christmas!






No comments:

Post a Comment